erin agee via Crowdrise
February 27, 2013
BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Mileage Tracker: 145
Dear Family and Friends,
I am embarking on an awesome journey by running the Boston Marathon April 15, 2013!! I am more than thrilled at this opportunity to raise money for an amazing charity and to run in this prestigious race. I have already logged a ton of miles in preperation for this race and now is the time to start fundraising! Please donate whatever you feel comfortable with every dollar helps support a great cause!! You can always donate a dollar per mile or any amount... Thanks so much for your generosity.
Brigham and Women's Hospital wrote -
Founded as Team Brigham in 1998, our runners have collectively raised $5.5 million for vital patient and community health programs at BWH and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital.
In 2013, Team Stork will raise money for the Stork Fund at BWH, which promotes clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Together, Team Stork and the Stork Fund will give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life.
Team Stork fundraising will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing critical resources to the following initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birthweight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
Whether a first-timer or veteran marathoner, you’re invited to join Team Stork and this group of extraordinary individuals who choose to run the Boston Marathon for more than the 26.2-mile adventure.
Help all babies have a chance at a healthy life. Join Team Stork today at teamstork.org.