Jenna Stark via Crowdrise
October 20, 2012
BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Hello Family and Friends,
As some of you may know I am running the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013. This will be my first marathon and I am nervous and excited for this physical and mental challenge. I will be running the Boston Marathon as a member of Team Stork. Team Stork will raise money for the Stork Fund which goes to mothers and babies at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). As a member of Team Stork I am responsible for raising $5000, which will all go towards the Stork Fund.
The Stork Fund promotes clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Together, Team Stork and the Stork Fund will give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life.
Team Stork fundraising will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing critical resources to the following initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birthweight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
Please support me and Team Stork on this 26 miles and 385 yards adventure. I deeply appreciate any and all donations and look forward to keeping you all posted on my progress as marathon day approaches. Thank you!