BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Help me realize my dream of running the Boston Marathon!!!
And support a great cause at the same time!
When I was a kid, I remember watching the Boston Marathon on TV and asking my mother if I could run it some day. Of course, my mom told me (as always) you can do anything you put your mind to. Well, I'm 43 now and it's time I realize that dream.
As many of you know, I ran my first marathon (the Cape Cod Marathon) in October 2012. My time was 4:50, which is slow, but it was an amazing experience! I never thought I'd have the chance to run Boston, but as luck would have it, my beautiful fiancee was a fellow at Mass General/Brigham and it turns out that they have a charity team that runs the Boston Marathon every year.
I managed to finagle my way onto the team, but there's a catch... each member has to raise $5000 for charity in order to run in the race. So, if the "I have a dream" story above didn't move you, read on below to find out how your donation will be put to a great cause!
Message from Brigham and Women's Hospital:
Founded as Team Brigham in 1998, our runners have collectively raised $5.5 million for vital patient and community health programs at BWH and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital.
In 2013, Team Stork will raise money for the Stork Fund at BWH, which promotes clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Together, Team Stork and the Stork Fund will give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life.
Team Stork fundraising will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing critical resources to the following initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birthweight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
Whether a first-timer or veteran marathoner, you’re invited to join Team Stork and this group of extraordinary individuals who choose to run the Boston Marathon for more than the 26.2-mile adventure.
Help all babies have a chance at a healthy life. Join Team Stork today at teamstork.org.