BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Yeah, I know it is kind of nuts to run a marathon, but every April watching the runners make the trek from Hopkinton to Boston inspires me to put my sneakers on, again. This will be my second marathon -- the first was the Marine Corp Marathon 2009. Running the Boston Marathon is a huge undertaking, not only is it one of the hardest courses in the world, we locals get to train throughout the New England winter.
I have joined Team Stork at Brigham and Women's Hospital to participate in this year’s Boston Marathon. Team Stork will raise money for the Stork Fund at BWH, which promotes clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Together, Team Stork and the Stork Fund will give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life.
Founded as Team Brigham in 1998, our runners have collectively raised $5.5 million for vital patient and community health programs at BWH and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital.
Team Stork fundraising will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing critical resources to the following initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birthweight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
Help all babies have a chance at a healthy life.