Sandy Gonzalez via Crowdrise
April 05, 2013
BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Dear Family & Friends,
I am running in the 2013 Boston Marathon! This is my first time participating and I'm very excited (and nervous) to be taking on such a challenge (physically) while supporting a great cause. Having recently experienced my own difficulties in pregnancy, I am sensitive to the importance of maternal health education and resources. And actually, many of you are connected to this cause already--whether you have a baby of your own, are thinking of having one, or have new nieces and nephews in your life.
Brigham and Women's Hospital welcomes 8,000 babies a year. That's a lot of babies! For a hospital to successfully support all these new arrivals, they need the financial support to continue providing the top-knotch care that they already do.
Please help me in supporting healthier babies and moms! Every little bit counts (seriously!). So before you get bogged down in holiday shopping, please take a second to donate to my fundraising goal and help make a difference. ANY donation amount is appreciated ($5, $10, $15...etc.)
To make the donation process even more engaging, here's an example of what these donations will earn you:
$10 donation = a hearty high-five somewhere along the route (wherever you want)
$25 donation = you decide!
$150 donation = happy dance at the top of "Heartbreak Hill"
$200 donation = cartwheel across the finish line
I'm hoping to have at least half of my donations by Jan 1st so the sooner you can donate, the better!
Thanks for your time and support!
Founded as Team Brigham in 1998, our runners have collectively raised $5.5 million for vital patient and community health programs at BWH and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital.
In 2013, Team Stork will raise money for the Stork Fund at BWH, which promotes clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Together, Team Stork and the Stork Fund will give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life.
Team Stork fundraising will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing critical resources to the following initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birthweight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
Help all babies have a chance at a healthy life.