CARE wrote -
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect vulnerable mothers and infants during pregnancy and childbirth. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Your gift to CARE will help fight poverty around the world and empower the world’s most vulnerable people. Here’s how:
- $49 can send a girl to school for a year.
- $99 can provide 5 children with warm, nutritious meals for an entire year at school to improve their energy, attention and performance.
- $200 can supply 10 displaced families with emergency kitchen sets that include items like utensils, cooking pots, plates, cups and spoons.
- $375 can train eight health workers to support healthy births for mothers and newborns.
- $555 can establish a community garden for 5 families so they can grow healthy food to eat and sell.
- $1,265 can provide a large weather-resistant tent that can serve as a mobile health clinic during an emergency.