CARE is the official charity partner of the 2016 MORE SHAPE Women’s Half-Marathon. Empowered by our CARE Knows How theme, Team CARE will run alongside thousands of women in the 13.1 mile race, which was organized to energize women of all ages and fitness levels to achieve their goals and connect with one another.
Women and girls are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect vulnerable mothers and infants during pregnancy and childbirth. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Your gift to CARE will help fight poverty around the world and empower the world’s most vulnerable people. Here’s how:
- $10 can provide one hygiene kit to a girl in secondary school, helping her to better focus on her studies.
- $25 can provide a 3-month supply of safe water for a family of six. - $49 can send a girl to school for a year.
- $99 can provide five children with warm, nutritious meals for an entire year at school to improve their energy, attention and performance.
- $200 can supply 10 displaced families with emergency kitchen sets that include items like utensils, cooking pots, plates, cups and spoons.
- $375 can train eight health workers to support healthy births for mothers and newborns.
- $555 can establish a community garden for 5 families so they can grow healthy food to eat and sell.
- $1,265 can provide a large weather-resistant tent that can serve as a mobile health clinic during an emergency.