Christie Forgash via Crowdrise
March 09, 2012
BENEFITING: Connections for Children
ORGANIZER: Connections for Children
EVENT: Honda LA Marathon 2012
HOURS PLEDGED: 100
Mileage Tracker: 64
II’m training and racing as part of the Connections For Children Marathon Team ("Team CFC"), running for quality early child care and education. As a first time marathon runner, I am so excited to be part of this team as every dollar we raise will directly help families seeking resources for quality child care and early education in the Los Angeles community.
Research clearly demonstrates that high quality child care in the early years is critical to every child's success in school. Children who experience high-quality child care have higher scores on achievement and language tests, show better social skills and fewer behavioral problems. Connections For Children's mission is to help all children reach their full potential by supporting families' access to high quality child care and education.
Your tax deductible donation will be used to support the following services that Connections For Children provides in our community:
- Assisting nearly 3,000 parents in finding quality child care regardless of income.
- Providing financial assistance to over 1,000 low-income working families and over 1,500 children.
- Professional development of more than 2,000 child care providers, offering training opportunities, technical assistance and support.
- Operation of the mobile toy van to ensure that child care programs have appropriate books and toys for young children, distributing over 4,000 books and toys annually.
- Reading to children and sharing enriching activities including: art, dance, music, science, math and cooking to over 500 children so that all children have access to a nurturing learning environment.
- Educating the community about the importance of early care and education.