Team Charlotte Cunningham
Organized by: Sarah Walker
- In 2014, Charlotte was diagnosed with a rare pediatric Kidney disease for which she has been receiving treatment at Boston Children's Hospital for over 8 months. The time has come for her to receive a Kidney transplant on July 9th and amazingly, her new Kidney will come from her dad Paul. What a gift!
- Because both Charlotte and Paul will be undergoing this "life changing" surgery, there are lots of dynamics to juggle for the entire Cunningham family this summer and beyond.
- Many of you - family and friends- have generously asked what you can do to help Charlotte & the Cunningham Family during this challenging time.
- In talking with the family, we have discovered that the most helpful thing would be for them to have an extra source of funding to help with getting Charlotte some much needed TLC/spoiling while she is in the hospital for 10 days this July recovering (a Barbie Dream House is high on the list!), making sure Elizabeth has lots of fun activities to do and childcare coverage as needed since her Mom & Dad are going to be very busy making sure Charlotte recovers and Paul has a lengthy recovery ahead of him as well, and to make sure lots of the "hidden costs" of Medical Care/Recovery are covered for the Cunningham family including constant "to-go" meals at the hospital & at home, parking, child care, etc.
- We are looking for small donations - i.e. the cost of sending flowers, stuffed animals, dropping off a meal, bringing Carrie & Paul iced coffee, etc. - and will provide everyone with lots of updates on Charlotte and Paul's condition.
Charlotte and Paul both have a long road of recovery ahead of them this summer and this "Fund" would greatly help support their recovery!
Please leave any notes of encouragement with your donation and please know that Charlotte and her family appreciate the help so much!!!