BENEFITING: First United Methodist Church
EVENT DATE: Oct 20, 2013
Join Team Free To Run at the Columbus Marathon on Sunday, October 20, 2013, and support the Free To Run Foundation's programs to combat human trafficking in Ohio and around the world.
To join Team Free To Run:
1. Register for the Columbus Marathon or Half Marathon (Click here to register)
2. Scroll down on this page and click Join the Team on this page and create your own fundraising page
Proceeds from Team Free to Run go to our Columbus Marathon Charity Partners:
Doma International (www.domaconnection.org), a Columbus-based organization that seeks to help women who are being trafficked in Ohio, and women and children in the Ukraine.
Somaly Mam Foundation (www.somaly.org), a New York-based organization with programs that fund the rescue and rehabilitate survivors in Cambodia and Southeast Asia, and also to educate and raise awareness everywhere.
Participants are asked to raise at least $300, but this is a suggested goal and not a requirement. Hopefully some of our participants will set higher fundraising goals! 100% of all donations will help empower women and protect children. After you join the team, we'll contact you to find out how you want your donations divided between our partners. You can choose one or split the fundraising between the two.
Benefits of joining the team:
- Team Free To Run shirt to wear during the race
- Team dinner the evening before the race
- Training and fundraising tips
- And most importantly, you are making a difference in the lives of women and children in Central Ohio and around the world.
For more information about the Free To Run Foundation, visit our website at http://freetorunfoundation.org.