Victoria Cherry via Crowdrise
August 19, 2012
BENEFITING: GEORGE EASTMAN MUSEUM
ORGANIZER: GEORGE EASTMAN MUSEUM
EVENT DATE: Oct 06, 2012
GEORGE EASTMAN HOUSE
If you know me, you may already know how much I love everything at George's:
- the world reknowned photo and appartus collections and their curators
- the students getting degrees in preservation and conservation
- the motion picture archives that hold the original prints of the Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind, and the screen tests too!
- Mr. E's library where they won't let us touch the books, and the Menscel Library where scholars from around tthe world come to study the history of photography as can you!
- seeing classic movies from the nitrate vaults (kept in a giant chiller so they don't burst into flames) and cutting edge indies, art flicks and foreign films in the Dryden after dining in the cafe
- shopping in my favorite gift shop and photo related bookstore
Donate to MY page and you may win a super special behind the scenes tour with me ... you and a friend will go anywhere and everywhere including into the photo archives and the inner workings of George's house organ which he favored over alarm clocks! You may see a ghost or meet a world famous photographer or one of the Museum's a prize winning curators!