Adam Mastrelli via Crowdrise
October 13, 2011
BENEFITING: GRASSROOT SOCCER
ORGANIZER: GRASSROOT SOCCER
Here's the story:
Dear Family and Friends-
On November 6th, 2011 I am running the NYC Marathon. Some key facts are:
- This will be my first full marathon
- I'm training for the marathon at my home in Rogers, AR
- I lived in NYC all of my life and can't wait to run 26.2 miles through my city...
- As many of you know, I had the opportunity to volunteer with GRS/Malawi for 6 months in 2009.
- The GRS staff around the world does amazing work to help the families and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
I'm a proud member of the Grassroots Soccer Marathon team and will be raising money to prevent the spread of HIV.
Each day more than 7,000 people die of AIDS, and it is the leading cause of death of women globally.
Grassroot Soccer sees a world mobilized through soccer to create an AIDS-free generation. Their mission is to educate, inspire and mobilize youth to stop the spread of HIV. By 2014, GRS plans to reach 1 million youth with life-saving education. To date, they have graduated 393,225 girls and boys from programs globally.
To achieve their mission, they continuously improve their innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share their program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase their impact
Please help support Team Grassroot Soccer's fabulous runners by clicking the DONATE button above. Together we can educate communities and stop the spread of HIV.
To learn more visit www.grassrootsoccer.org