BENEFITING: Healthworks Community Fitness Inc.
ORGANIZER: Healthworks Community Fitness Inc.
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
I'm thrilled to run my very first marathon on the Healthworks Community Fitness team! For the last year I've been an HCF Advisory Board member and I'm eager to train and fundraise for an organization that means so much to me, and so much to the women and children it helps lead healthier lives.
HCF gives women the knowledge to improve their health and a safe place to carry out what they learn. Programs such as wellness coaching, nutrition counseling, Zumba, yoga, and other group exercise classes encourage members to frame exercise as social, fun, and essential to their well-being.
Your donations will have direct impact on two Dorchester community fitness centers and numerous programs for the health and well-being of women and children in need.
- $25 covers 1 month of youth fitness classes for 1 child
- $45 pays for a month of center membership for 1 woman
- $75 funds 3 months of youth fitness classes for 1 child
- $100 covers the expenses of 1 woman's prescription for exercise through the Physician's Referral Program
- $210 pays for 3 months of membership and youth fitness classes for 1 mother and child
- $300 covers the cost for 1 child to attend a year of youth fitness classes
- $575 funds 1 week of group exercise classes benefitting 100+ women
- $1,350 sponsors 12 months of 1 weekly group exercise class for 1,000+ women
A gift of any size is appreciated--thank you for your support! Read more about my progress training and fundraising at marisarunsboston.com.
Healthworks Community Fitness Inc. wrote -
Healthworks Community Fitness (HCF) is honored to participate in the John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon Program, and we appreciate your interest and support!
We are excited to welcome a small team of runners who are dedicated not only to finishing the most prestigious, and arguably the most challenging, marathon in the world, but who are also committed to the mission of Healthworks Community Fitness, and the power of exercise and health education to transform lives.
HCF is dedicated to reducing and preventing lifestyle-related chronic diseases, including diabetes, hypertension and obesity, in low-income neighborhoods by providing affordable access to high-quality fitness opportunities and health education. We empower women and children to lead healthier lives so they can feel better and accomplish more, and we invite you to become involved.