INNER CITY HANDBALL ASSOCIATION INC via Crowdrise
May 04, 2011
BENEFITING: INNER CITY HANDBALL ASSOCIATION INC
For 20 years, ICHA has served young and old athletes alike through the sport of Handball. It has been a long, rewarding and exciting journey thanks to your help; but we still have a lot more work to do.
What have we accomplished so far this year?
- We subsidized and reduced entry fees for junior players in all ICHA tournament series which served over 500 teens, that competed in Long Island Open, High School Spring Meet, Jr. Mayor's Cup, Jr. Big Blue Championship, and SkyBounce Youth Day .
- Continued to provide funding for citywide YMCA memberships to High School athletes, who volunteer for community service, play 1 & 4 wall handball and display high levels of sportsmanship at all times.
- Increased outreach handball clinics and community teen tournaments throughout NYC in cooperation with the NYC Parks and Recreation, Public School Athletic League and YMCA.
- Distributed free handball equipment to teen athletes that could not afford to buy equipment but worked as volunteers in ICHA events.
- Hosted the 17thAnnual Mayor’s Cup Handball Championships which has become the largest outdoor handball tournament in New York City and donate its proceeds to Leukemia / Lymphoma Cancer Research.
- Provide ongoing development of NYC borough wide handball initiatives to serve over 5000 handball players.
We have accomplished a lot this year and over the past 20 years but there are a tremendous number of young people that still need our help.
Your support enables ICHA to grow our sport and enhance the lives of our young athletes throughout the NYC community.
ICHA is committed to providing affordable and fun activities to the youth of New York City.
ICHA believes the handball presents young athletes with the opportunity to build their physical and mental stamina while developing coping skills necessary for every aspect of life.
Help us continue our mission of “Serving, Educating and Mentoring Young People through Handball”.
Please Support Team ICHA in the ING New York City Marathon 2011.