The Rett Racers are a group of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers for the International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF) who are raising vital research dollars while training for distance events like the Louisiana Marathon. IRSF is thrilled to be an ocial charity partner of the Louisiana Marathon (www.thelouisianamarathon.com/TeamIRSF2014). Help make this an outstanding showing for Rett syndrome and Rett syndrome research. Building on the huge success of Rett Racers participation in the New York Marathon, the Chicago Marathon and the Massachusetts Rett Syndrome Association in the Boston
Marathon, IRSF is hoping for the best marathon turnout to date! Kathryn Kissam, IRSF board member and past chair, will be hosting our race weekend activities; $50,000 in sponsorship has already been donated by the Albemarle Foundation and Nike will be outtting our runners who reach various fundraising levels . It will be fun, exciting and a great race. Start training for this marathon and help us
recruit more runners. Let’s get as many purple Rett Racer Shirts in the race as possible. Register for the race TODAY; use the code "IRSF" for a 20% discount. Join us in Baton Rouge! Email email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
Register to RUN
- Visit http://www.thelouisianamarathon.com/ and click on “Register Now”
- Fill out the requested elds - be sure to select “International Rett Syndrome Foundation” as your Charity Partner.
- Use discount code “IRSF” to receive 20% o your registration!
Fundraise for the RUN
ALL PARTICIPANTS (Runners, Planners & Spectators) should set up a fundraising page for the LA Marathon to show your support! IRSF will be fundraising for the Marathon via Rettracers.org instead of through Crowdrise (2.5% vs. 5+% per transaction).
- Visit www.rettracers.org/2014LAmarathon and Login with our site. If you do not already have a login with IRSF, please register.
- Select “Join a team” - Select the “Louisiana Marathon - 1/19/14” team & set your fundraising goal.
- Create your page: Select “design my webpage”, create a friendly URL that follows the below format, “check” & “apply”!
- Use the Helpful Personal Page Tips available on your page to help you create th perfect fundraising page for YOU!
Donate in support of IRSF
- Visit www.rettracers.org/2014LAmarathon OR the personal fundraising page of your choice & select the “Donate Now” button.
- Fill out the form - Enter the name of the individual you are donating in honor of (the name of the girl the runner/participant is fundraising for). Select “Louisiana Marathon - Louisiana” as the Race Name.
- Select “Donate Now”
- You will receive a conrmation email to the email you entered.
- Thank You for your Donation !!!
Adopt a Louisiana Angel
Don’t have an angel of your own to fundraise/run in honor of? No problem! You can run in honor of one of our Lousiaina Rett angels! Visit www.rettsyndrome.org/lousiana-angel, select your angel, download the picture and bio for your angel of choice and get started! You can use this picture and story to update your fundraising page to make it the perfect fundraising page
About Rett syndrome
Rett syndrome is a genetic neurological disorder that occurs almost exclusively in females and becomes apparent after 6-18 months of early normal development. It results in a regression that leads to lifelong impairments. Those inflicted with this disorder have multiple dysfunctions: speech is lost, seizures develop and scoliosis occurs, many develop irregular breathing patterns, and more than half of the girls and women lose their ability to walk. Those diagnosed with Rett syndrome require maximum assistance with even the most basic daily activities. The hallmark sign of Rett syndrome is near constant repetitive hand movements while awake.
The International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF) is the world’s leading private funder of basic, translational and clinical Rett syndrome research, funding over $24M in high-quality, peer-reviewed research grants and programs to date. Annually, IRSF hosts the world’s largest gathering of global Rett researchers and clinicians to establish research direction and priorities while exchanging ideas and the most recent information. IRSF is the most comprehensive non-profit organization dedicated to providing thorough and accurate information about Rett syndrome, offering informational and emotional family support, and stimulating research aimed at accelerating treatments and a cure for Rett syndrome and related disorders. IRSF has earned Charity Navigator’s most prestigious 4 star rating.
Learn more by visiting www.rettsyndrome.org.