BENEFITING: KAPIOLANI HEALTH FOUNDATION
Join us in support of Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children.
Since its inception as a nonprofit hospital over 100 years ago Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children has depended on community support to deliver exceptional and often lifesaving medical care to Hawai‘i’s women, children and adolescents. The Campaign for Hawai‘i’s Children rebuild and expansion of Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children is long overdue and essential to ensuring the healthy future of Hawai‘i’s most precious resource – our children.
Each year at Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children:
- 6,100 babies are born
- 950 critically ill babies are cared for in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 85 pediatric patients are treated for cancer and receive chemotherapy treatment or bone marrow transplants, eliminating the need for their families to travel to the mainland
- 42,505 Women’s Center procedures are performed
- 17,949 patients are admitted for everything from broken bones to cancer
- 37,000 families rush their loved one to the Emergency Room
- 564 patients are transported to Kapi‘olani for specialty care
- 120 clinical trials are conducted