With 1.7 million cancer cases a year in the United States, there are more than 3 million kids affected by a parent’s cancer and Kesem recognizes and embraces this often-overlooked population of children. Because they don’t appear sick, their needs are often over looked and they suffer quietly, leading to academic, social, emotional, and developmental problems.
Team Kesem is a group of dedicated individuals who combine their passion for athletics and adventure with commitment to supporting the Kesem mission. We have had Kesem counselors, alum, Advisory Board members, camper parents, and supporters all join Team Kesem events.
As a Team Kesem Participant You Will Receive:
- Team Kesem technical training shirt
- Team Kesem technical running singlet (once you raise your minimum)
- Your own customizable online fundraising page and social media tips to give your family, friends, co-workers and others an easy way to donate and show their support for you
- Social events and gatherings in the Chicago area in the months preceding the race
- A Kesem cheering team - encouraging you during your months of training and on the sidelines of the marathon
- Pre-Race Pasta Party
- Post-Race Party
Members of Team Kesem are asked to commit to raising a minimum of $1,000. Runners who raise over $1,500 will be receive a gift card in the amount of their registration fee. If you are running on behalf of a chapter, 50% of funds raised will go directly in support of that chapter.
Kesem is a nationwide community, driven by passionate college student leaders, that supports children through and beyond their parent's cancer.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org