BENEFITING: National Kidney Foundation, Inc.
ORGANIZER: National Kidney Foundation, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Jul 31, 2016
National Kidney Foundation, Inc. wrote -
Yes we have a LIMITED NUMBER of FIRST HALF MARAHTON BIBS and 1 MARATHON BIB left. Interested in running with Team Kidney, email Robyn Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to partnering with you in this fun, inspiring community fundraiser that calls attention to the prevention of kidney disease and the need for organ donation. It's also an opportunity for patients, family, friends and businesses to come together in support of the National Kidney Foundation.
Over 26 million Americans--that's 1 in 9 adults--have chronic kidney disease, and most are not aware of it. Because symptoms may not appear until the kidneys are actually failing, millions of people with kidney damage remain unaware and are not taking steps to protect the health of their kidneys in support of NKF's mission.
Here are some quick facts about kidney disease:
- 26 million Americans have chronic kidney disease (CKD) and millions more are at risk.
- Kidney disease is common, harmful and treatable.
- Each year, 112,000 people are diagnosed with kidney failure. That's one person every five minutes.
- More than 547,000 people in the U.S. are receiving treatment for kidney failure. Patients with failed kidneys need dialysis or a kidney transplant to stay alive.
- 382,000 currently depend on dialysis to stay alive.
- 88,000 are on the waiting list for a kidney transplant.
- African Americans, Latinos, Asians, Native Americans and the elderly are at increased risk for kidney disease.
- The leading risk factors include high blood pressure, diabetes and family history.
- Early detection and proper treatment can slow the progress of kidney disease.
You can learn more about kidney disease at www.kidney.org/NCA.
We are glad that you have joined Team Kidney! If you have any questions, please reach out to Robyn Hayden, email@example.com.