Kids can rock cancer! Our program offers an emotional outlet and vehicle of self-expression for children battling cancer and other blood disorders, by providing a session of music therapy with a certified music therapist who helps them compose and record their own song on a CD. Kids Rock Cancer is under the direction of the Music Therapy program at Maryville University and is currently offered at St. Louis Children's Hospital, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center and Cancer Support Community of St. Louis. Partner with us to make a difference through the healing power of music therapy—one step at a time!
Your participation will be a great gift to kids and their families—and their songs and spirit will inspire you in return. For added motivation, team members can request a copy of “Just Beat It,” our first compilation CD. The words and music the kids share are sure to move you (and keep you moving)!
- A cool "tech" shirt from Team Kids Rock Cancer
- A ticket to our rockin' pasta party
- Reduced registration fees for the 5K, marathon relay, half marathon or marathon (until March 1)
- Fun prizes for top fundraisers
- Monthly email communication with training and fundraising tips
To sign up, visit our webpage: maryville.edu/go