BENEFITING: TUG MCGRAW FOUNDATION
ORGANIZER: TUG MCGRAW FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2011
As most of you know I have been training for the 2011 New York City Marathon. This year I will be running for The Tug McGraw Foundation. The Tug McGraw Foundation was established prior to his death in 2004 to enhance the quality of life of children and adults with brain tumors. In 2009, TMF expanded its programs to include Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). The Tug McGraw Foundation collaborates and partners with other organizations so that they can accelerate new treatments and cures to improve quality of life in areas of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual impact of those debilitating conditions.
The Foundation develops programs and raises funds for the following:
- The Pathway Home Program at the California Transition Center for Care of Combat Veterans
- Tug McGraw Foundation's Brain Complex and Brain Food Garden in Yountville, CA
- Team McGraw, TMF's national endurance sports training program
- The Collegiate Athlete Pre-Medical Experience (CAPE) program at Duke University
- Grants to other medical and research institutions in the United States and Internationally
- Public awareness and education activities promoting knowledge and understanding of brain tumor and related issues
TUG MCGRAW FOUNDATION wrote -
Team McGraw is once again lacing up to make a difference by joining in the ING New York City Marathon on November 6, 2011. Space is limited! We hold a limited number of guaranteed spots at the ING New York City Marathon, so visit our website at www.teammcgraw.org and join us now!
Team McGraw is an endurance sports training program supporting the Tug McGraw Foundation's mission to fund projects that raise awareness and improve the quality of life for children and adults affected by debilitating neuroscience conditions such as brain tumors and traumatic brain injury.
Email Genvieve Goldstein at email@example.com for more information on running with Team McGraw...and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!