BENEFITING: COURAGE WORLDWIDE, INC.
EVENT DATE: Apr 13, 2014
Courage House wrote -
This video tells the story of what is happening to some of our children in the United States. Due to the violence and trauma that victims of sex trafficking suffer and its portrayal in the music video on the right, “Call Me Family”, we do not recommend children under 13 years of age viewing it without parents input and /or supervision.
These girls long for a family and a safe place to call home…We are building a home in Hawaii for these female victims. People like you hold the key to our success....
WHO WE ARE: Children are being sold for sex every day in Hawaii. These children have not chosen a life of sexual exploitation but have been exploited by predators who take advantage of their desire for love and acceptance. There is currently no long term residential home in Hawaii specific to meet the unique needs of these underage female victims. Courage Worldwide (501 3 (c) seeks to build a home in Hawaii that will provide the individualized treatment these traumatized children deserve. The comprehensive program that will be offered through Courage House Hawaii will offer each resident a unique life plan that brings healing to her body, mind, spirit and emotions. Funding for this much needed home is raised through private donation, community and corporate sponsorship. Please join Team Courage and help us make this desperately needed place of refuge a reality in our islands. Be a part of the Rescue and Restoration Process. http://courageworldwide.org/hawaii
Join Team Courage and help us make our goal of $10,000! Please remember, if you join our team, you are pledging to raise at least $75 for Courage House Hawaii. (Please read the directions below in their entirety before registering!)
1. To join, click here and select join team
2. You will be asked to create a crowdrise account. If you already have one from another event, use that one. If not, sign up for one.
3. After signing up for a crowdrise account, a Team Courage fundraising page will be created for you. Personalize it and make it your own. Share it with friends and family to let them know that you are raising money for Courage House Hawaii. You can start raising money immediately.
4. After your page is set up, email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive the Team Courage discount code.
5. After receiving the discount code from Kim, go to http://thehapalua.com to register for either the half marathon or the relay. With the discount code, you will pay only $20 to register for the half marathon or only $40 for a relay team of up to 7 of your friends :)
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/CourageHouseHawaii and on Twitter and