BENEFITING: The Nature Conservancy
ORGANIZER: The Nature Conservancy
EVENT: Run with Team Nature
EVENT DATE: Apr 22, 2012
The Nature Conservancy wrote -
Do you love to run? Do you care about the environment? Then join our local “green team” today!
You can help protect our planet — and get cool stuff — when you run with Team Nature in DC, MD & VA this Earth Day to benefit The Nature Conservancy.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Join Team Nature in Pacers' GW Parkway Classic on Earth Day — April 22, 2012 and start raising funds for a healthy planet. Be our top fundraiser by midnight on Thursday, April 19, and you will win an exclusive two-night stay at the Conservancy's scenic Brownsville Preserve on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. More details below.
2. Spread the word! Ask your friends and family for their support.
3. Get great stuff! DC, MD & VA Team Nature runners are eligible for great perks and giveaways. We’ll announce the winners on our local Facebook page: facebook.com/dc.md.va.nature.conservancy.
4. Run with a champion! Ultramarathoner Scott Jurek will be joining Team Nature the day of the race. Team members will have the chance to meet Scott after the race in the VIP tent.
Raise $20,000 by Earth Day 2012 -- and ultimately help restore natural treasures on Earth like the Chesapeake Bay. For every $1 we raise we can plant 5 oysters in the bay. Join Team Nature today and be a part of making a real difference in the health of the bay and our planet.
SPRING'S SWEET REWARDS:
1) Receive VIP treatment as a member of Team Nature!
2) Raise $150 and you get a free Team Nature t-shirt.
3) Be our top fundraiser by midnight on Thursday, April 19, and you will win an exclusive two-night stay at our scenic Brownsville Preserve on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. This natural getaway includes lodging at Brownsville House, a beautiful and historic home built in 1806 and not open to the public.
Brownsville is part of the Conservancy’s Virginia Coast Reserve on the Southern Delmarva Peninsula - a narrow strip of land that separates the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. Its 14 undeveloped barrier islands of salt marshes, vast tidal mudflats, forests, and shallow bays are magnets for millions of migratory birds and the site of the Conservancy’s highly successful oyster and eelgrass restoration projects. Pristine beaches abound with natural treasures and grassy dunes provide optimum bird nesting opportunities and ample feeding grounds.
If desired, you can arrange a guided tour with Conservancy staff, or simply enjoy peace and quiet by the water. The choice is yours -- and so is the preserve -- for any two nights (subject to availability) for up to 5 people. See official rules here.
The Conservancy is the official environmental charity partner for the Pacers Events Race Series — so look for our booth at every major Pacers race! We’ll have special thank you gifts and other great giveaways for our Team Nature runners.
UPCOMING PACERS RACES:
Visit pacersevents.com for a complete list of upcoming races.