Support our racers who are lacing up to run for the planet on Earth Day. Your contribution helps support our work throughout Virginia, Maryland, DC - and beyond!
- $1 can buy five longleaf pine seedlings to help restore one of America's most diverse and imperiled forest systems
- $5 can buy twenty-five oysters to help restore reef habitats in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries
- $100 can conduct a prescribed burn on one acre at Warm Springs Mountain Preserve, helping to restore pine-oak forests in the Central Appalachians
- $300 can restore more than 1,500 baby oysters to reefs in the Chesapeake Bay, providing habitat for rockfish and crabs
Want to join Team Nature as a runner? We’re saving a place for you! Register for the Pacers' 2013 GW Parkway Classic today, be one of our first runners to raise $300 in support of The Nature Conservancy, and you’ll get the VIP treatment on race day!
Here's how to get started:
- Register for the race with Pacers - click here to sign up
- Create your Team Nature fundraising page and start fundraising for a great cause!
Be one of the first to guarantee your VIP spot and these great benefits:
- A spot on Pacers' VIP bus shuttle to/from the finish line
- VIP bag check in
- Access to the VIP tent where you can enjoy refreshments and even a massage, post-race.
This is just one way The Nature Conservancy and Pacers are working together in honor of Earth Day to help protect our planet. Learn more at: nature.org/rundc
Check out the photos of last year's race (and don't forget to 'like' us!) at the DCMDVA Facebook page. Rain couldn't dampen our spirits as we raced for the Bay and picnicked for the planet.
* NOTE: Joining Team Nature through CrowdRise does NOT register you for the Pacers GW Parkway Classic. Please visit the Pacers race site for more information about the race.