BENEFITING: NORTH HILLS COMMUNITY OUTREACH INC
ORGANIZER: NORTH HILLS COMMUNITY OUTREACH INC
EVENT DATE: May 05, 2013
Please click the big DONATE button and put a smile on your face and that of many people in need!
When I take to the starting line of the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 5, 2013, I won’t be running just to better my running time (currently 1:50 for a half marathon). I will also be running to better the lives of the more than 6,000 families who visit North Hills Community Outreach for help each year.
I'm certain to experience a lot of things on race day - some good, some bad - but I know those are temporary setbacks compared to the job loss, illness, hunger, and poverty experienced by our neighbors in crisis.
My goal is $500 - if several of my friends donate $5, $10, or even $20, it will go a long way to helping this organization achieve its mission. Please support in any way that you can.
Your contribution means so much to a struggling family. Here are some ways your donations will help:
- $200 pays an elderly couple’s gas bill, ensuring they will not be cold during the winter
- $100 buys a week’s worth of groceries for a single mother and her two children
- $50 fills the gas tank of a man working to support his family
- $25 pays for home repairs to keep a senior citizen safe
- $15 buys a backpack and supplies for a child starting school
North Hills Community Outreach serves families in need in 50 communities in Northern Allegheny County. Putting our hearts, hands --and feet!--together, we can ensure that no one will be cold or hungry or feel alone.
Thank you all for your support!