EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
In June this year I joined NOFA/Mass as the Beginning Farmer Program Coordinator and Raw Milk Coordinator. As a beginning farmer myself, just finishing my 9th season growing and 6th season managing Medway Community Farm I know how hard it is to be a beginning farmer. There is so much to learn and so much physically and mentally challenging work to be done. Not mention the challenge of land access, access to capital, etc, etc.
Through the support of mentors and peers I have been able to avoid many costly mistakes and also share in the joy of our farm's many successes. Please join me in supporting NOFA/Mass and my work as the Beginning Farmer Program Coordinator to help beginning farmers across the state receive the support needed to succeed.
Also, I haven't run more-or-less since I started managing a farm (I finally found a way to use up my excess energy!) so this will be interesting!
Thanks for your support!
Northeast Organic Farming Association Massachusetts Chapter wrote -
Join Team NOFA/Mass – together we can create landscapes that feed our communities and restore our environment! We’ve been advancing organic food and agriculture in Massachusetts for over 30 years. Support us in our goal of 50 fundraisers to generate $25,000! Your dollars raised will help
- Move carbon to soils biologically for healthier food, more resilient farms, less extreme weather and a more stable climate
- Match beginning farmers with knowledgeable, established mentors
- Local farmers navigate the organic certification process
- Educate growers and consumer through on-farm workshops & conferences
- Revitalize urban soils to improve local access to nutritious foods & livelihoods
- Be a part of a growing movement for a bright and healthy tomorrow