BENEFITING: NEW YORK RESTORATION PROJECT
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2016
40 miles, 5 boroughs, and 1 day.
Bike Tour riders have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to explore the streets of New York on their terms as part of the largest charitable bike ride in the U.S. Team NYRP will be cycling across the city in support of NYC’s parks and gardens and celebrating one of our largest public spaces – the streets! Join us in celebrating our 20th anniversary and help support our team in reaching their fundraising goal.
Just like the Bike Tour, NYRP’s work on community gardens, public parks, and MillionTreesNYC touches all five boroughs. Team NYRP’s riders are helping to support our core mission to create a cleaner, greener, more sustainable New York City. Your donation goes directly to NYRP’s work planting trees, caring for public parks, supporting community gardeners, and teaching New Yorkers of all ages about how to grow healthy produce right here in the city. Here’s how we put your dollars to work:
- $5 - outfits a group of volunteers with reusable gloves for a project in one of our parks or gardens
- $10 - provides seeds for a school group or community gardener for a year
- $25 – buys a new pair of loppers so that NYRP staff can keep our trees healthy and beautiful
- $50 - supports a community gardener for a year with tools
- $100 - gives a tree to a community member to plant around his/her home
- $500 - plants a tree on public housing grounds or in a school yard
- $1,000 - builds a raised planting bed so a dozen garden members can grow healthy produce
- $5,000 - teaches 100 kids about nature and nutrition by growing their own vegetables