Dear Family and Friends,
For a while now it has been a dream of mine to run a marathon! I never thought I would be able to run the NYC Marathon, but with the love of my sister in law Jamie, she was able to get me on Team Robin Hood! Finally the time has come, and I am ready to challenge myself both physically and mentally. I will have a grueling 16 weeks ahead, but with the love and support of my family, friends, and my amazing partner Jimmy Gagliano, I am going to dominate this race!
I've chosen to run with TEAM ROBINHOOD because they do a trememdous amount of work to fight poverty in NYC and I strongly believe in their approach of enriching the body and mind as well as providing opportunities for everyone to contribute and benefit from on a personal or professional level. Throughout Nursing School, I worked with my fellow nursing students each semester on some type of homeless event, food drive, or feeding. I have a love for helping homeless, and I am truly blessed to be able to give back to them while running my first EVER Marathon!!
Please help support Team Robin Hood and our mission to fight poverty. If you feel up to making a donation in support of myself or the entire Robin Hood team, it would mean a lot! :) Look at what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
- $1,500 provides a year of counseling for the family of a child enrolled in pre-school.
- $3,000 provides six months of psychiatric treatment for a homeless person.
Thank you all very much for supporting me on this amazing journey! A special thanks to my future sister in law, Jamie who made this happen! Love you so much!!!!
Peace, Love, & Running,
For the past 5 years, more than 650 Robin Hood runners have crossed the finish line of the ING New York City Marathon. Along the way, these runners have raised nearly $4 million for Robin Hood, helping to feed, shelter and heal our neighbors in need, as well as equipping them with educational and employment opportunities to improve their lives.
This year 100 runners will participate in the marathon as part of Team Robin Hood. Each runner has personally committed to raising $5,000; 100% of which will go to help New Yorkers in need build better lives for themselves and their families.
On race day, November 4, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends at our famous Mile-20 block party (just off the 6-train). Cheer your favorite runners on their final leg of the race while rocking out to DJ Bonnie! This big bash also includes a Jumbotron featuring all 45,000+ runners in their glory as they turn off the Willis Avenue Bridge, bleacher seating, Robin Hood t-shirts and cheer-stixs.
Visit our website HERE
When you race for ROBIN HOOD, you support 200 poverty-fighting schools and programs in all five boroughs. During the race, you will pass through the neighborhoods of ten Robin Hood funded programs. Click here to view the map.