Sam Spillane Berg via Crowdrise
May 24, 2012
Robin Hood invests in the most effective poverty fighting programs in the city, working for Promise Program has opened my eyes to just how important and effective this foundation is. Please support me as I run for team Robin Hood and help fight poverty in NYC.
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
- $1,500 provides a year of counseling for the family of a child enrolled in pre-school.
- $3,000 provides six months of psychiatric treatment for a homeless person.
When supporting ROBIN HOOD, you support 200 poverty-fighting schools and programs in all five boroughs.