Please support me in my quest to impact the lives of others, especially at risk youth in our city of Nashville. I am running in honor of Donna Wolf (my amazing Mom), who taught special education students for over 35 years. My Mom taught me that every child deserves an amazing education. It is my honor to "Run With Purpose" and team up with Purpose Preparatory Academy to support the next generation of our society in their learning. Every donation is significant.
Thank you for your generous support.
- Ben Wolf
Why does Purpose Prep exist?
In North Nashville, only 1 in 4 students can read on grade level, and only 1 in 4 students can solve grade level math equations.
This reality does not have to be.
We all know students can and must achieve at high levels to lead happy and productive lives. So, it is crucial we ensure that our students have the academic foundation of strong reading, writing, speaking, and mathematical skills they need to advance to middle school, high school, and, ultimately, college.
This is why Purpose Preparatory Academy Public Charter School exists.
What is Purpose Prep?
Purpose Prep is a college-preparatory charter school that will educate K-4 children in Nashville. Purpose Prep’s main goal is to set students on the path to college by making sure they have a strong academic and character foundation. In order to set students on a path to college, Purpose Prep will ensure that students are exposed to a rigorous curriculum, have access to high quality instruction, and are nurtured in an environment that focuses on their personal development and sets expectations for their success.
Click here to see what we believe in action.
What sets Purpose Prep apart?
- Accountability – We hold ourselves accountable to results. We partner with Building Excellent Schools and Tennessee Charter School Incubator to receive on-going training and development.
- Two-teacher model – To support a small student-teacher ratio and provide small group, differentiated instruction, there are two full-time, certified teachers in every classroom.
- Small classes – provides intensive academic supports to ensure that every student gets the targeted support they need.
- More time on instruction – longer school days and years to give students and teachers the time they need to succeed.
- Oral Language Program – an enrichment program where we teach strong oral skills, which are fundamental to the development of reading and writing.
- Positive character development – we have high behavioral expectations, explicitly modeling and teaching our core values. Our scholars "Rise with Purpose."
- Kindergarten growing to fourth grade – In our inaugural year, we will enroll 90 Kindergarten students, and then add a grade level every year thereafter until we reach fourth grade.
Why do we need your support?
On July 29, 2013, Purpose Prep will open its doors to 90 kindergartners. While Purpose Prep receives a per-pupil allotment from state and federal sources, there is a shortfall between these public revenues and the actual cost of a Purpose Prep education.
This is why Team Run with Purpose exists.
Team Run with Purpose is a group of committed individuals that pledge to secure at least $250 in donations as they train and run in the Country Music Marathon/Half-Marathon in Nashville on April 27, 2013. These individuals don’t just want to run, they want to Run with Purpose.
Your support is critical.
Supporting Team Run with Purpose can make a difference. Our goal is to secure $12,500 to support Purpose Prep's strong opening on July 29, 2013, the first day of school for its inaugural class of Kindergartners.
Your donation can make a difference:
$25: 1 School Supplies Package for a Purpose Prep Scholar (Total Needed: 90)
$100: 1 Uniform for Purpose Prep Scholar (Total Needed: 90)
$500: 1 Classroom Computer (Total Needed: 40)
$1,500: PE Equipment for Purpose Prep Scholars
$3,000: Purpose Prep Field Trips
$5,000: Art Supplies for Purpose Prep Scholars
$10,000: Purpose Prep School Library
To find out more about Purpose Prep, please visit our webpage.
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter:
To find out more about the St. Jude Country Music Marathon/Half-Marathon, click here.
Purpose Prep Mission Statement
Through rigorous curriculum, high-quality instruction, and positive character development, Purpose Preparatory Academy Charter School ensures that all kindergarten through grade four students achieve the academic skills, knowledge, and ethical foundation to be set on the path to college.