BENEFITING: TEAM RED WHITE & BLUE
EVENT DATE: Apr 14, 2014
Join Team RWB and help us establish our organization in Hawaii!
Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) is a veteran support organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of veterans and their families. Specifically, we support their reintegration process by connecting these veterans to a reliable friend in their community. We use athletic events to build awareness, fundraise & inspire others to join our team.
Team RWB works toward this mission by focusing on three key areas:
1. Personal connectivity between Veterans with invisible wounds and citizens in the community where they now live
- Community-building events that bring Veterans together with citizens
- Formation of friendships and natural individual relationships
2. Reintegration through physical fitness
- Physical: rebuild the body, give structure to life and bolster self-esteem
- Psychological: help to process experiences from Iraq/Afghanistan
- Social: connect with people to run, bike, workout and be active
3. Galvanization of esprit de corps and team membership
- Bringing back the feeling from the military of pride and being part of a unit
Once you’ve joined our team, re-visit thehapalua.com to register for the half marathon or create relay teams. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Team RWB Hapalua Discount Code and pay only $20 to register for the half marathon, a $60 savings! Use the code and only pay $40 for a relay team of up to 7 people, a $40 savings!
When using the discount code, all we ask is that you raise at least $25 for our team!
Click the big DONATE button or go one step further and help us fundraise by clicking on the CREATE YOUR OWN FUNDRAISING PAGE button to the right. You'll get your own fundraising page to share with all your family and friends!
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
After you're done with all of that, visit www.teamrwb.org and join our team in Hawaii! We'll even send you an awesome moisture wicking Team RWB running shirt just for joining!