Simon Axten via Crowdrise
February 16, 2012
BENEFITING: MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL
EVENT: 2012 Boston Marathon
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the relationship between patients and caregivers and promoting compassionate, patient- and family-centered care.
Our pioneering programs:
- promote compassion and empathy
- improve communication between caregivers and patients
- enhance spiritual caregiving as well as palliative and end-of-life care
- influence caregiver training
- encourage the dissemination of best practices
- empower patients and families
The Schwartz Center is housed at Massachusetts General Hospital -- but all funds raised by our three marathon runners will directly support Schwartz Center programs. We are honored to have Simon Axten, Bob Hanscom and Colleen McDonald running for us!