Spaulding Rehabiliation Hospital's Race for Rehab Team is proud to be running as part of the John Hancock Marathon Program.
Our team will be racing to raise funds toward Spaulding's Annual Fund. Our Annual Fund will support all of the hospital's most pressing needs. Spaulding prides itself on rehabilitation with a critically important "can-do" attitude. We encourage our patients to find their strength after suffering from injury or illness. We offer six major rehabilitation programs, based at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston. Each rehab program is interdisciplinary, bringing the skills of a team of rehabilitation specialists to bear on the unique needs of each patient.
Our programs offer rehabilitation in the following areas:
Amputee and Vascular Disease Rehabilitation
Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Child and Adolescent Rehabilitation
Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
Spaulding is in the process of building a state-of-the-art new hospital in the Charlestown Navy Yard. Your New Hospital will be a very special resource for Greater Boston, New England, and beyond. It will greatly enhance clinical capacities, provide comfortable and accessible patient accommodations, promote a truly transformative clinical research enterprise, and be a source of aesthetic enjoyment for the community.
Members of Spaulding’s Race for Rehab Team have many benefits including:
• Team training runs
• Training tips from one of Spaulding’s Physical Therapists
• Individual personalized fundraising websites
• Team meetings and fundraising assistance
• Pre-Marathon pasta dinner
• Exclusive chance to meet with team captain Ernst van Dyk, nine-time Men’s Push Rim Wheelchair champion of the Boston Marathon
• Marathon Monday viewing party for family and friends to watch the race and meet the runners afterward