Sorry, something went wrong with your vimeo link. Please try again.
BENEFITING: SHINE ON SIERRA LEONE
ORGANIZER: SHINE ON SIERRA LEONE
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
Shine on Sierra Leone is a cutting-edge international NGO founded almost 6 years ago. Our focus is increasing access to all levels of education, and we have had an AWESOME 6 year run: SOSL has six fully developed and executed initiatives including primary education, adult literacy, computer literacy, micro lending, agricultural investment, and sustainable development using the earth-bag building method. Our flagship program funds 500 students receiving a free and excellent education (in a school that was once ranked 600 and is now in the top five in aptitude testing nationwide!!), a nationwide computer literacy program that has resulted in 12,000 computer literate individuals nationwide thus far, more than 5,000 micro lending loans for small business owners especially women, and now a healthcare program supported by the First Lady of Sierra Leone and Wellbody Alliance.
We believe in partnership, not charity and our results show that this mindset is powerful to say the least. Shine On Sierra Leone relies on individual donors to fuel its programs. Every single penny of your donation will go towards supporting SOSL programs. It doesn't matter how much you donate...each dollar represents an opportunity for growth. This breakdown will show the difference each dollar makes...
- $10 = Monthly Tuition for one student.
- $20 = Monthly Tuition and School Supplies for one student.
- $50 = Buys a bicycle for one student. (Currently these secondary students proudly walk 18 miles to and from school each day!)
- $60 = Monthly Tuition, School Supplies and daily lunch for one student.
- $100 = Pays for a 6-month Adult Literacy class for two people.
- $200 = Tuition, Books, Uniform, School Supplies for one student for an entire year.
- $500 = Tuition and daily lunch for one student for an entire year.
- $25,000 = Build a Secondary School for 150 students! Building this school will create a great ease in attending school. (Reminder: Currently these secondary students proudly walk 18 miles to and from school each day!)
- $47,559 = Funds Muddy Lotus Primary School and Recreation Center for 1 whole year!!! Thats a free education for 500 primary students in Sierra Leone! (Also approximately the number of steps to finish this marathon...)