BENEFITING: STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING NOW
ORGANIZER: STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING NOW
Many of us does not want to think about this issue, but it does exist.
STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING NOW (SCTNOW) funds efforts that target the demand side of child sex slavery.
- The global market of child trafficking at over $12 billion a year with over 1.2 million child victims. UNICEF
- As many as 2.8 million children run away each year in the US. Within 48 hours of hitting the streets, one-third of these children are lured or recruited into the underground world of prostitution and pornography. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- The average age of entry for children victimized by the sex trade industry is 12 years. U.S. Department of Justice
- Approximately 80% of human trafficking victims are women and girls and up to 50% are minors. U.S. State Department
- 300,000 children in the U.S. are at risk every year for commercial sexual exploitation. U.S. Department of Justice
- 600,000 – 800,000 people are bought and sold across international borders each year; 50% are children, most are female. The majority of these victims are forced into the commercial sex trade. U.S. Department of State, 2004, Trafficking in Persons Report, Washington, D.C.