BENEFITING: MCCOURT FOUNDATION
ORGANIZER: MCCOURT FOUNDATION
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
Mileage Tracker: 500
Friends and Family,
On April 15th, 2013 I am lacing up my sneakers and running the Boston Marathon as part of my ongoing efforts to help raise money to fund research for Alzheimer’s and Multiple Sclerosis treatment. I'm running on behalf of The McCourt Foundation.
Facts on Alzheimer’s and MS
- 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease.
- One in eight older Americans have Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- Over 400,000 people in the United States are thought to have MS.
- The cause of MS is unknown
- Nearly twice as many women as men have MS
I have been training hard and I’m looking forward to the 26.2 mile battle. More importantly, with your help I'm looking forward to raising $5,000 to fund The McCourt Foundation’s efforts to beat Alzheimer’s and MS. I'm counting on your support and generosity to get me to the finish line!
Please donate as generously as you can…every dollar counts!
Thanks in advance for all of your support; I won’t be able to do this without it!