BENEFITING: TRAIN 4 AUTISM
ORGANIZER: TRAIN 4 AUTISM
EVENT: 2015 LA Marathon
EVENT DATE: Mar 15, 2015
TRAIN 4 AUTISM wrote -
Feel the joy of crossing the finish line knowing you’ve helped the autism program/organization of your choice. With Train 4 Autism, you’ll gain courage, strength and make a significant impact in the fight against autism. All levels and abilities are welcomed as Train 4 Autism is a regoistered 501c3 non-profit that was started by parents, not athletes. Our mission is to support and empower parents and children touched by the disorder by involvement in endurance sport. Many Train 4 Autism participants are persons competing in their first athletic event ever or athletes that choose to walk a race instead of run – everyone is welcome!
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1. Contact us for a discounted registration code for the 2015 LA MARATHON.
2. Create a Crowdrise Fundraising Page Right Here! Then start sending emails to friends family and coworkers raising funds for an awesome cause.
3. Connect with other Train 4 Autism Athletes, Parents, and Team Members on Facebook. Come & join us on our FREE weekly coached training runs!!!
4. Receive FREE Coaching and Training Plans by contacting our awesome coach & parent Rolf Henriksson by emailing him at email@example.com
5. Train, and compete in an awesome event for a phenomenal cause.
What is Autism? Autism is a devastating neurological and biological disorder that typically affects children between the ages in 18 months to five years of age. Autism currently affects 1 in every 110 children today. It is estimated there are over 1 million people in the United States alone with autism. Autism affects each individual differently and at different levels of severity. Some people with autism are severely affected, cannot speak, require constant one-on-one care, and are never able to live independently. While others who have less severe symptoms, can communicate, and eventually acquire the necessary skills to live on their own.