BENEFITING: WORLD AFFAIRS COUNCIL OF PITTSBURGH
ORGANIZER: WORLD AFFAIRS COUNCIL OF PITTSBURGH
EVENT DATE: May 05, 2013
WORLD AFFAIRS COUNCIL OF PITTSBURGH wrote -
The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh’s World Runners team needs runners, walkers, and volunteers for the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon on May 5, 2013.
The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh’s WorldRunners team is looking for runners and walkers for the Dick’s Sporting Good Pittsburgh Marathon, Half Marathon, and Marathon Relay on May 5, 2013. The 5K Run and the Kids Marathon will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2013. The Council is looking for at least 60 runners and 15 volunteers.
As a member of the WorldRunners team,
- A FREE Pittsburgh Marathon/ Half Marathon/ Relay Team registration
- WorldRunners technical t-shirt
- Chances to win prizes and free running gear
- Online fundraising page on Crowdrise
- Weekly scheduled team runs
- Weekly emails with running tips and team
- Free Steel City Road Runner Club membership
How do I register for the WorldRunners Team?
Do not register through the Pittsburgh Marathon site
- Sign-up to be on the WorldRunners Team through our Crowdrise page:
- Train for the race and raise funds!
- Once you have reached 75% of your fundraising minimum, the World Affairs Council registers you for the race of your choice (deadline: April 1st)
What am I raising money for?
The WorldRunners Team raises money to bring the World Affairs Council’s award-winning programs and activities to underserved schools through the Pittsburgh region. These include global education programs for middle school students such as the Student Ambassador Program and programs for high school students such as International Student Summits, and the Global Travel Scholarship Program
- $200 for the UPMC Pittsburgh 5K
- $350 for the Half Marathon
- $500 for the Marathon
- $750 for a 2-5 person Relay team
Thank you all for your support!
Click here to visit our official website.
Click here to visit our charity profile page on CrowdRise.