EVENT DATE: Jul 05, 2015
BENEFITING: TEAM WILL CHARITY
EVENT DATE: July 5 - 11, 2015
THE STORY: Team Will is hosting its sixth signature bicycle tour across the United States to raise awareness about childhood cancer and to raise funds for families of children diagnosed with cancer.
The ride begins in Sacramento, CA, cross 9 states, visiting hospitals and participating in community rallies along the way, and will end in Knoxville, TN, seven days later. Our goal for this year is to raise $75,000
Childhood Cancer Facts by the Numbers!
- Every school day 46 children will be diagnosed with cancer.
- There are 12 major childhood cancers.
- Childhood cancer is the #1 killer of youth, more than any other disease.
- Survival rates, while improving, have leveled at around 75%.
- Each day 7 children die from cancer.
- Nearly 40,000 children are in treatment.
- Treatments for childhood cancer have not changed for 20 years.
- Treatments leave 60% of the SURVIVORS with long-term health issues.