EVENT DATE: Aug 20, 2015
Youth On The Move
- This year, after reviewing the efforts of activists in our community who work to make positive change and taking stock of the challenges our community faces, Team Youth On The Move decided that homelessness, especially among children, is a problem we want to help solve.
- We decided that a good way to do our part is to contribute to a charity that supports families in our community.
- We learned that Harlem Dowling-West Side Center for Children and Family Services (Harlem Dowling), one of the first charitable institutions in the United States dedicated to children has been helping children and families for 177 years. Harlem Dowling provides services that are designed to prevent children having to be placed into the foster care system and promote family reunification, as well as providing support for families affected by substance abuse, domestic violence, mental health issues and the care of special needs children.
- We want to help with this work by raising $1,000 for Harlem Dowling by the time Summer Break Program ends.
- To reach our goal, we will be making bracelets and lemonade to sell in our community.
Thank you for your support!!!