Your Donation Helps People Like Peggy
April 08, 2016
I'm dedicating my 31st birthday to help people grow fresh, healthy food where they live. Grow Food Where People Live is Groundswell's first US-based program and is dedicated to improving the health, food security, and self-reliance of vulnerable families in rural communities in Western North Carolina. On May 21st, we will create our second Community Micro Farm to enable people to grow their own food.
A generous supporter has agreed to match all donations to this campaign. So, the impact of your donation will be doubled! Here's how your donation will be used:
- $25 provides plants starts for one family garden
- $50 funds a basic tool set (hoe, digging fork, rake)
- $75 covers the cost of a workshop (gardening, canning, cooking, etc.)
- $100 builds a wheelchair-accessible raised bed for a family
- $250 allows an individual to attend gardening, cooking, and life-skills classes for a year
- $500 creates a kitchen garden for a family
True transformation takes place when you empower people to have a say in their own lives and provide them with the tools and resources to become leaders and change agents in their own communities. I've worked with Groundswell since September 2012, and have gotten to see this transformation firsthand. I am thrilled to be working to empower rural communities in Western North Carolina!