We all need help sometimes. For those who can't help themselves with energy costs, like senior citizens and children, The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) aims to bring awareness to the most vulnerable neighbors in our communities. THAW is raising money to maintain gas and electric service for Detroit area seniors and families with young children.
The young and elderly are especially vulnerable to the dangers of living without heat and lights. With winter just around the corner it’s important to stabilize these households so they will not be facing this winter in the cold and dark.
Your support will mean:
- A school-aged child will have lights to do homework
- A mother will be able to feed her children a warm meal
- A senior will be able to run needed medical equipment
- A senior will not be afraid in their own home
- An infant will not have to go to bed in a cold house
Help us keep families out of crisis this winter. Your donation will warm the hearts and home of a family in need.