We did it!
November 01, 2017
BENEFITING: MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER
ORGANIZER: MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER
Last year, we Cycled for Survival. To celebrate my 25th birthday and being (almost) 5 years cancer-free, a team of incredibly supportive friends and I raised over $3,000 to support research for "rare" cancers.
This year, we're Championing for CHAM. To celebrate my 26th year, I will (attempt to) run 26.2 miles through this crazy city I call home. My ridiculously ambitious roommate/dance partner/bff convinced me to run the NYC marathon to raise money for the Children's Hospital at Montefiore, the only pediatric hospital in the Bronx and the largest provider of healthcare for children from the nation's poorest urban community.
We've done it before - and we can do it again! Not the "running a marathon" part, but the raising money (and celebrating) part. CHAM offers some pretty incredible services to the surrounding community, and I am thrilled to be a part of the team. I would love for you to be a part of my journey and consider donating to such an amazing cause! :)
What will your donation do?
· $50 will help provide bedside yoga and relaxation for 2 families per hour during their hospital stays
· $100 will help patients have better sleep while receiving treatments in our infusion suite through eye masks, ear plugs and warm blankets
· $250 will help give 10 bathrobes to children and teens during their stays, allowing them to make their way to our playrooms with comfort and dignity
· $500 will help provide home visits for a year to the most critically ill children and allow them to receive all of the care they would typically receive in a hospital visit setting
· $1000 will help support the creation of a family council where parents and staff can meet regularly to share feedback and brainstorm new ways to improve patient care
MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER wrote -
Champions for CHAM is tuning up for the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon! On November 5, the team will represent The Children's Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) in the legendary 26.2-mile race. Team members receive guaranteed entry to the marathon by pledging to raise funds for CHAM. All donations support enhancement services that are critical to optimizing health outcomes for pediatric patients and their families, including child life programming, integrative medicine, palliative care services and support groups for parents.
Since opening in 2001, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore has served the most vulnerable children from the Bronx and beyond, providing the best routine care while also treating children with complex and life-threatening medical conditions. CHAM strives to help children have the best opportunity to lead active and healthy lives and realize their full potential. CHAM is the only pediatric hospital in the Bronx and the largest provider of healthcare for children from the nation’s poorest urban community. CHAM is unique in serving every child regardless of the family's ability to pay. In partnership with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, groundbreaking discoveries by CHAM investigators have led to new therapies, models of care and better outcomes for children. Each year, CHAM serves 250,000 unique patients over the course of 9,000 inpatient admissions, 55,000 emergency department visits and 2,000,000 ambulatory care visits.
Thank you for supporting CHAM and our team of dedicated runners! Whether you are racing or cheering, we look forward to seeing you on November 5th!