To My Beloved Community,
In the past few weeks, I have gone through every emotion possible - elation, despair, fear, rage, determination, healing and love.
Even as we struggle to navigate toxic post-election waters, movements like Black Lives Matter and Standing Rock act like a lighthouse beacon, guiding and reminding us that we stand on the shoulders of a long and deep history of resistance and resilience. The events of this year have only deepened my commitment to take action where I am, to help make 9to5 Colorado an even stronger force for justice, a more intentional space for healing and collective liberation, and a place where we can grow the real grassroots leadership we need for our communities. We are determined to hold the line against all forms of oppression and fascism - and energize the left with more progressive wins for working-class women, women of color and their families.
In Colorado this year.... we have been organizing a number of campaigns to bring about concrete wins for working women and their families including:
* Winning a $12 minimum wage increase at the ballot box
* Winning Pregnant Workers Fairness Act - to support the safety and health of pregnant workers
* Launching a statewide campaign for renter's rights & rent control
* Organizing for affordable housing and against the crisis of gentrification/displacement hitting our region
* Ending discrimination based on criminal record in housing & employment - particularly for formerly incarcerated women
* Fighting for paid sick days & paid family and medical leave for ALL workers
* Organizing for affordable and accessible public transportation - including an income-based transit pass
Help us go into 2017 with power, strength & the resources we need to continue building a powerful base of members and investing in the leadership of those most impacted by the issues we fight. The support of individual donors allows us the MOST freedom to be nimble, innovative, responsive and creative in our resistance and organizing - which is needed more than ever in the months and years ahead.
In Community, Solidarity and Gratitude for all the ways you show up for justice! Neha