Preschool P. Project
Organized by: Tina Lee
February 12, 2017
- This fundraiser is by nursing faculty and students from the Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri.
- Funds raised directly benefit the Wisdom Educational Complex (WEC), a family-run preschool in Elmina, Ghana.
- WEC is a family business, operated by Mr. Henry Tandoh and his wife Beatrice.
- This beautiful little school has 53 children under the age of six, who come every day to learn and play.
- The WEC generously welcomed nursing students and faculty visiting from Missouri and allowed us to come learn with them.
- We would like to give something back!
- Henry and Beatrice want their school to be the cleanest, safest nursery school in the community.
- THEIR GOAL: remodel WEC to provide an additional toilet, add two additional water filters for safe drinking water, and add a child-friendly handwashing station with running water and soap.
- Ghana is beautiful and welcoming, but as nurses, we know many children in Ghana under the age of 5 are vulnerable to illness, including contagious gastrointestinal disease that can be fatal. Sanitation saves lives!
- WEC's remodeling plan is a great way to keep their little ones safe and healthy.
The funds that are raised will go directly to support our community partner in their good work! Any amount, big or small, is appreciated!