BENEFITING: AMERICAN QUALITY SCHOOLS CORPORATION
EVENT: TI Education Challenge
EVENT DATE: Jun 15, 2016
So what if we designed a new system of schools - inner-city boarding schools themed around the sports economy? How many more youngsters would be 'motivated' and ‘excited’ to learn?
What if we started Chicago? In the south side or west side of the city?
Howsports doctors and sports dentists could we inspire from the 'hood to 'burbs? How much confidence and hope could we inspire? How many youngsters could we save from violence?
We need your help TODAY because we are about to found out. Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter. Make a donation and help us win $300,000 to get The Sports Economy School. Click on the Donate button to the right or go a step further and join my fundraiser and help me raise the most money so we can find out.
The problem with most inner city youth, especially those growing up in Chicago is that they’re striving to reach the American dream and don’t even know how to dream! Chicago is plagued with drugs, violence, unproductivity and poverty. The underserved culture is led astray through mindless conformity with no ambition beyond the mirage of dreams sold through media and peer pressures of who they think you should be. Many of the youth within Chicago are disconnected with themselves and society.
There is a great desire among many of the inner city youth to reach success by means of playing professional sports and for many this is the only level of success they feel is achievable. While becoming the next Michael Jordan or Lebron James has very low odds; being exposed and having access to a broader scale of various sports career opportunities creates an obtainable measure of success for these youth.
The Sports Economy School is being created in to teach through theories, principles and analogies of sports while staying within the boundaries of the traditional education curriculum. The School has invented a new philosophy on education with an intent to rebrand education and get kids to school, using sports scores, business and statistics to teach the curriculum.
The Sports Economy School is building a state of the art "sports economy" education facility in CHICAGO as well as a sports medicine center and technology incubator where students can get experiential learning opportunities. The school will be designed to specialize in delivering education and sports programs. The main goal of the sport education model is to educate students to be players in the fullest sense, and to help them develop as competent, literate and enthusiastic sportspeople. Education and sports represent a holistic approach creating a positive and rewarding learning environment. The facility will be a beacon of the community as the design and athletic amenities offered will represent a “world school” and will be unique to Chicago.
Idealistically constructed as an international, 7th to 12th grade college-preparatory boarding school, SES has established a unifying framework invented to organize knowledge in sports via five pillars consisting of media, science, technology, management and athletics.
- Sports Media - Arts, literature, sociology, peace studies, and fashion are fields closely related to sports. We call this the mediums of expression or how to think, write, read, and design.
- Sports Science - This pillar focuses on math, physics, chemistry, and biology studied through the lens of sports. Think about kinesiology, sports dentists, sports medicine doctors.
- Sports Technology - Design, Computer Science and Engineering involved with Sports. This is the sillocon valley. So, imagine the next Steve Jobs for basketball related technology.
- Sports Management - Leadership, Economics and Finance taught in a way which will be conducive towards any career, not just sports career. This is all the money in sports. Nike, Gatorade, Addidas, Olympics.
- Sports Athletics - The last pillar is the physical performance of sports in both a social and a competitive environment.
The experience centers on the economy of sports and how that economy functions from family units and communities, to small towns and cities across America — and around the globe. Through the dual lens of athletics and globalization, SES curriculum illustrates the dynamic between media, science, technology, management, and globalization, including entertainment, music, fashion, and politics.
If you donate TODAY, or by June 15th, you will become a founding donor and your name will forever be ingrained on the walls of our school. You will also be part of the solution, you will be part of the movement to transform Chicago.
- Hashtags: #TidalXmoneyTalk #SportsEconomyTidal #SESChicago
- Talk to your friends and family. Tell them that they can help transform Chicago by supporting The Sports Economy School on Tidal/Crowdrise.
- Get in formation with me and lets make it happen. All it takes is a few simple clicks of a button.
Last of all, The School will also cater to gifted and talented youngers with ADHD, Autism, and Aspergers.
With Passion + Reason.