BENEFITING: The Trail Foundation
ORGANIZER: The Trail Foundation
EVENT: Austin Marathon 2017
EVENT DATE: Feb 19, 2017
The Trail Foundation wrote -
Use it. Love it. Join it. Now run for it.
This February 19th, join The Trail Foundation’s Austin Gives Miles team for the 2017 Austin Marathon! Seasoned marathoners and beginners alike are invited to join Team TTF and our official sponsor, Outdoor Voices, a lifestyle brand that makes technical apparel for recreation, in the 5K, Half, or Full Marathon and leading up to race day, help us raise funds for the construction of the Trail Bridge at Congress Avenue. Getting started is easy:
1. Register for the 5K, Half, or Full Marathon (note: this is not required to join Team TTF and fundraise!).
2. Join Team TTF as part of the Austin Gives Miles program.
3. Raise funds (we’re asking for individual member goals of at least $250), receive some pretty amazing swag and other exclusive benefits, and have a blast doing so.
4. Run the marathon! Or, if you'd like to volunteer at our waterstop (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and a t-shirt are provided), sign up here!
About the Trail Bridge at Congress Avenue:
Thousands of Austinites and visitors use the trail each day. With that comes the usual wear and tear, but some parts of the Trail need more love than others, particularly the decades-old wooden bridge under Congress Avenue. For our standards, it is not safe enough, not accessible enough, and not functional enough for Trail users.
With the new bridge, we are going to:
- Enhance bicyclist and pedestrian safety
- Make the area ADA-accessible
- Widen the trail
- Make it more beautiful (especially while you view the Congress Avenue bats)
- Provide connectivity with the Waller Creek area
- And lower the city’s maintenance costs
Join Team TTF and help us raise $25k to construct a better bridge! Learn more about the project here.
Team TTF benefits include but are not limited to:
- OV training shirt + hat
- Custom race day shirt
- Exclusive training events including a post-run celebration
- OV merchandise discounts
- TTF annual membership (and associated perks), equivalent to the amount raised
- Invitation to the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony for the completed Trail Bridge
- Thanks to a generous grant by the Moody Foundation, all donations raised will be matched up to $10,000
- AND, for extra feels, all funds raised will also be doubled in value thanks to our matching Skyline Sponsor for the Trail Bridge, Robert F. Smith!
About The Trail Foundation
The Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail around Lady Bird Lake is a place where we go to unwind and stay fit, connect with family and friends, soak in nature’s beauty and make memories. The Trail Foundation is essential in providing amenities that will enhance the experience.
Since its formation in 2003, The Trail Foundation has accomplished many projects along the 10.1-mile Trail and surrounding woodlands. Accomplishments range from multiple award-winning restrooms and trailheads to fundamental ecological work in the heart of downtown Austin. New projects will continue to include ADA accessibility as well as environmentally considerate design in order to mitigate impact on natural areas. TTF's largest project to date remains the Boardwalk that linked the Trail east and west of IH 35.
The Trail Foundation is able to accomplish these projects thanks to a unique public-private partnership with the City of Austin and because of committed donors like you. Your participation will raise funds that will further elevate Austin's central greenspace in the heart of downtown.