Apex for Youth wrote -
In honor of our 20th anniversary, Apex is launching our “For Youth” CrowdRise campaign to support our mentoring and educational after-school programs for the 2012-13 school year!
As some of you know, an overwhelming majority of Apex’s children live below the poverty level and are in dire need of programs that can help them. With your support, we can make a real difference in their lives and help them to overcome the many challenges they face and achieve their dreams. Please join us!
Founded in 1992, Apex for Youth empowers children from underserved immigrant and Asian communities in New York City to make their dreams possible. By connecting with professionals who volunteer to mentor and inspire, these children build their self-confidence, explore academic and career goals, develop a sense of community and service, and gain leadership skills to help them overcome the many challenges they face. Together, we deliver worlds of possibility.
In Apex for Youth's 20 years, thousands of volunteers have served thousands of children, many returning to become volunteers themselves.
100% of the funds collected through the "For Youth" campaign will provide:
- 30 new mentoring pairs for our middle and high school students
- 10 scholarships for our SAT Prep program
- A new 4th Grade Prep program that can serve 25 children at another elementary school
- A new Hoops Basketball program that can serve 50 children at another school
- Supplies for our new Achieve by Creating (ABC) program at the Apex founded Central Queens Academy (CQA) charter school
Our goal is to cumulatively raise $40,000 by December 31, 2012.
So if you're a mentor, volunteer, or friend, let’s join together to make a real difference in the lives of youth who need us.
Start your fundraising team or donate today!