Have you received an email about signing your registration waiver?
February 19, 2016
BENEFITING: The ALS Association Western Pennsylvania Chapter
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2015
This is our first year as an official Run for a Reason Charity for the Pittsburgh Marathon! We are incredibly excited to participate and compete with the other fellow charities! Thank you so much for your support!
Info on ALS:
- ALS is a 100% fatal, neurodegenerative disease that results in total body paralysis.
- Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed with this horrendous disease, while another person loses their fight.
- Studies have shown that veterans are 2x as likely to contract and die from ALS and certain athletes are 4x as likely.
- It can cost the average ALS-affected family approximately $300,000 per year to pay for care services and equipment without outside help.
- The ALS Association is the only non-profit organization that fights ALS on every front, including research, advocacy, AND patient care.
- The Western PA Chapter provides patient care services to all 31 counties in Western PA.
- ALL of our services provided to patients and their families are completely free of charge.
- Without your generous support, we could not continue to raise awareness for the disease and expand the access of our services to those in desperate need. We THANK YOU!!