The Big Bowl 2013-MARCH 14th at 7:00 PM
EVENT DATE: Mar 14, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Sep 01, 2013
The inspiration for Variety was an abandoned infant girl left at the stage door of the Sheridan Theatre in Pittsburgh in 1928. A note was pinned to the baby's shirt and pleaded with the theatre people to raise the child, which they did, naming her Catherine Variety Sheridan.
Today, Variety has 58 "tents" or chapters around the world and more than 18,000 members. Detroit's Tent 5 was established in 1932 and today has more than 1,500 volunteers and supporters who work to raise money to fund area charities benefiting children with special needs. Their mission is to provide vital medical and therapeutic services, recreational facilities and educational opportunities to children with special needs.
Variety The Children’s Charity Presents:
THE BIG BOWL 2013
Thursday, March 14 2013
Join us for the second annual “Big Bowl” 10 pin tournament at the Emagine/Star Lanes in Royal Oak, MI. The Big Bowl will feature competition among 16 corporate sponsors to see who will be crowned the second Big Bowl Champion! Teams of 8 bowlers will compete in the first round to determine the top 4 bowlers on the top 4 teams. The final four teams will compete for the “Big Bowl” and brand new I-Pads from Apple! Parimutuel betting will be available for the final round both to increase the pressure and enhance the experience for the crowd.
Other great prizes will be given out including but not limited to:
- Top Male Bowler
- Top Female Bowler
- Top 8 Person Team Score
- Top Fundraising Team
DOES YOUR COMPANY/TEAM HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN THE BIG BOWL?
Corporate Bowling Team Opportunity
Corporate Bowling Team Commitment
- Company will receive 8 Bowling Tickets and the chance to compete for the Big Bowl.
- Company will receive 8 additional event Tickets ( $400 Value)
- Listing on all promotional materials.
- Acknowledgement at event with constant exposure from the more than 20 high resolution LCD screens surrounding the event area. This includes the Bowling Lanes, Bar, and private areas.
- Company will have their own dedicated page on Crowdrise.com to fundraise towards their commitment. We hope our corporate sponsors will take advantage of this incredible technology and their team members to crowd-source the commitment fee.