Hello! My name is Hana Belmonte-Ryu. I'm 15 and attend The Bishop's School, located in La Jolla, California.
This Spring Break (March 7th-March 20th), 24 classmates and I are traveling to Cambodia, accompanied, of course, by five wonderful faculty members.
You're here on my fundraising page, so I'll explain to you our goals and what/who you are directly helping to support with your kind donation.
The grandparents of one of my fellow students, Zion, created a fundraiser called "The Cambodian Village Fund (CVF)". Through this fundraiser, we will be able to meet and teach students English as a second language. However, your donations won't be going to this part of the trip. Our goal of $30,000 for CVF means each trip participant is aiming to raise a minimum of $1,000.
We have two main projects we are supporting through this trip/your donations:
1. Scholarships for girls (7th grade through college). CVF supports an individual girl at an average cost of $1,000 per year. This will cover tuition, housing, food, supplies, and access to technology.
2. At Prey Touch Secondary School, funds will go to:
- supplying the new library and media Ccnter
- helping to upgrading the computer lab
- supporting the addition of a broadband Internet connection
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION! It means so much to us that you would help us, and even more to the students in Cambodia. The other students and I can't wait to visit them and show them how hard we've worked to support them. :)